Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Useful Chinese Expressions Ⅲ

Learn Chinese Online - Useful Chinese Expressions

"萌(méng)" literally means "sprout, germinate, or bud". It is said that 萌(méng) is originally from Janpanese animation, expressing a strong affection for somebody or something. Now, it is widely used on Internet in China, like "卖萌 (mài méng)" meaning "to act cute, to try hard to win over the affection of others through cute actions", especially for young boys or girls.

Examples:

Zhè ge xiǎo hái hǎo méng a.
这 个 小  孩 好 萌  啊()
The kid is really cute!

Tā xǐ huān zài tā nán péng yǒu miàn qián mài méng.
她 喜 欢 在 她 男  朋 友  面  前  卖  萌()
She likes to act cute when with her boyfriend.


"包在我身上(bāo zài wǒ shēnshanɡ)" means "just leave it to me. I can absolutely manage it well." This sentence is used to describe that the speaker is very confident in doing something successfully and that the others can totally count on him/her. It can be used alone or after the "thing" needs to be done.
包在我身上。(bāo zài wǒ shēnshanɡ.) I am on it/ Just leave it to me.



Examples:

A:  Nǐ  jīn tiān yí dìng yào bǎ zhè jiàn shì qíng chú  lǐ   hǎo.
   你今 天 一 定 要 把 这 件 事 情  处 理 好
      You must handle it today.
B:  Méi wèn tí,  bāo zài wǒ shēn shàng.
  没 问 题,包  在 我 身 上
     No problem, I can manage it.

A:  Wǒ xiǎng má fán  nǐ xiū  gǎi xià lùn wén.
   我 想  麻 烦 你 修 改 下 论 文
       I hope you could help me to revise my paper.
B:  Fàng xīn,  bào zài  wǒ shēn shàng.
   放  心,包 在 我 身  上
     You can rest assured, and just leave it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment